Our dream and mission is to get farmers out of poverty. We want to see Africa feed the world in our
lifetimes, while its farmers become guardians of one of humanity’s most precious resources: the soils.
We design and sell regenerative farming input packages while providing access to training,
mechanized services, and markets. Using these tools, farmers can grow their incomes exponentially,
improving their quality of life and developing a stronger connection with their land. This season,
we’ve worked with over eight thousand farmers to generate a solid proof of concept. Now, we aim
high; we want to serve one million farmers as they adopt regenerative agricultural practices and
access cutting-edge technologies within the next decade.
Warc has humble beginnings. We did not learn how to run a business from a book; we have real,
tangible experience. Warc’s revenue has grown 50x over the last 4 years, and our goal is to triple it
within the next 12 months. We began with a $30,000 investment from our founders and rapidly
scaled up from there, raising over $8,000,000 in equity, debt and grants from angel, government and
We are a dynamic team of 100 dreamers and doers from 16 different countries. In Ghana alone, more
than 65 Warc staff work tirelessly to serve over 8,000 farmers in the Upper West Region. We operate
across West Africa and have established agricultural production, services and consulting operations
in Sierra Leone and Ghana. In the Upper West Region, we engage with thousands of smallholder
farmers through our network of Trading Hubs. These locations are run by women from the
communities where they operate and allow farmers to buy inputs, receive training, and sell their
harvests directly within their own communities. Over the next decade, we aspire to expand our
impact across the continent. Help us make this dream a reality!
About the job
Great candidates want to make an impact, and they don’t shy away from challenges! As our Hub
Quality Assurance, you will ensure adherence to Warc procedures and quality standards for our
Trading Hub operations in the Upper West Region. By developing and executing quality assurance
checks, you will support the scalability of Warc’s Hub operations as we move into new districts and
regions. You’ll get to monitor the activities and procedures of Trading Hub representatives and
conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
This role is specifically for a Hub Quality Assurance to be based in Ghana. Our project location is in
Tumu, Upper West Region. However, the team member can also expect to travel to other project areas
in the Upper West Region and beyond to monitor new Warc operations and ensure compliance with
company procedures and quality standards. You will work directly with our Hub Manager, Network
Coordinator, and Hub People Development and Analytics Lead to develop, implement, and maintain
a system of quality and reliability.
The main responsibilities of the Hub Quality Assurance include:
- Ensure that Warc’s Hub processes meet a high level of quality across all Hub locations while
also providing location-specific guidance.
- Work with the Hub People Development and Analytics Lead to conduct and analyze a TNA
(Training Needs Analysis) for staff of the hub (including Women of Warc (WoW), loading
staff, etc.) and inform the development of a quarterly/annual training plan.
- To identify areas of development and under performance within the Hub teams and suggest
- Ensure that Hub staff (WoW, clerks, loading staff, etc.) know and adhere to the Warc
procedures and standards outlined in the training curriculum and Hub Operations Manual.
- Provide feedback to the Hub Manager and People Development and Analytics Lead on effect
of training on staff at Trading Hubs (Wow’s, Clerk, loading staff).
- Coordinate with the team to monitor progress on KPIs related to Hub activities.
- Regularly inspect Hubs and complete checklists to ensure that they are adhering to Warc
standards. This includes checking the quality of the products bought and sold through Hub
- Review and report the principle causes of quality loss and non-conformance within Hubs.
- Design procedures to check product quality and work together with the operations team,
Network Coordinator, and Hub Manager to execute these procedures.
Warc is excited to have a driven, talented, and hardworking person join our team. We can teach
many of the technical skills, but it is very important for the person to have a strong interest in
technology, agriculture, and rural development in order to succeed in this role. A suitable
candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Agri-Business or any other related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Willingness and availability to live in remote areas
- Familiarity with agricultural value chains and business challenges in rural areas
- At least 3 years of experience required
- Nice-to-have skills:
- Familiarity and experience with female entrepreneurship in a rural context
- Experience or interest in working in a highly cross-cultural environment
Applications are being accepted until the May 30th or until the position is filled. Expected start date
is immediate. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Please send a cover letter and CV in to email@example.com. Address your email to
“HR at Warc Africa.”